Hey girlies!! Are y’all a fan of honey? Do you always have a batch in your pantry? Good! Because honey is not only delicious and good for you to eat, but it’s also a fantastic beauty product!
In fact, honey is filled with vitamins and minerals, and it also has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. Additionally, it acts as a humectant, which means it attracts moisture. But the best thing about honey is that it has amazing healing properties, so it does wonders for your skin and hair!
Honey is great for the following beauty treatments:
1) Moisturize and hydrate your complexion with honey! Just apply it to the face as a natural skin cleanser. Spread a thin layer on your skin and leave it on for a couple of minutes, then rinse with warm water. Or leave it on for 10 minutes as a mask. It also will soften your skin, and as you get older, it keeps your skin looking younger!
2) Because of its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, honey is great for reducing acne breakouts and blemishes. Honey actually heals the skin!
3) You can apply honey to dry, chapped lips as a moisturizer.
4) Enrich your hair by adding honey to your shampoo! It’s great for moisture. 5) Or mix 2 parts honey and 3 parts olive oil for a nourishing conditioner.
6) Use honey to moisturize and hydrate the body by adding it to your bath. Or consider applying it as a full body mask! It’s sticky, but it works.
7) Soothe sunburns by dabbing honey on affected areas.
8) Reduce the appearance of scars by applying honey and a bandage to affected areas at night. It’s even effective on keloids! Remove and cleanse in the morning and repeat again at night.
Purchase pure organic honey for best results. And if you have sensitive skin, apply honey to a small area first to test your skin’s reaction.
Hope this helps!